Thursday, October 9, 2014

Academic Vocab


      I wrote a little bit in my blog last time about academic vocabulary.  The vocab posters have been a hit in my gym.  I added to them, because my crazy mind could not except that they did not go the whole way across the wall.  Earlier this week our Technology and ELA instructional coaches were in our building helping teachers as needed.  They gave all of us a graphic organizer that is fantastic! 
 
      Immediately when they handed it to me, my brain went into high gear. Sure, I have a ton of stuff going on in PE already, but this is important, and this is certainly attainable!   First off, we are going to do a game of charades in PE.  The kids will work within their teams, timer will be set on air server, each student will get a minute to act out as many words as possible.  The majority of the words are require movement, which will get the heart rate up! I am already making a point to talk about the words and how we are using them each day.  I also thought about spending a few minutes at the end of class describing (or having the kids describe) a word, their "exit ticket" will be what vocab word we are talking about.  I may use the ipad for this, there is an app called (ironically) STICKY NOTE, that would work great!  So many different ways to work this in.  I'm excited!
 
*Excuse the mess above....I have been very busy doing other things besides cleaning....obviously!
 
    I'm also excited, because I AM GETTING A WIRELESS PROJECTOR IN MY GYM!!!!!! (all caps because I screaming with joy)!  After meeting with the Assistant Supt. (scary, right?  She is super nice and helpful though) I was told Apple TV is a no-no right now.  Apparently it causes too much static in the system.  But, she agreed I needed a better way to use technology, so the technology committee decided a wireless projector would be the way to go.  I cannot wait to get rid of this cart (but it's been good to me, so I shouldn't complain)!
 
      My 2nd edition of #LINNPE Newsletter has been distributed to my students.  This newsletter contained pictures of our exciting day with the DCHS Red Demon athletes.  I also talked about "PE Shoes."  That's  a never ending battle, but I am going to TRY,TRY, TRY!:)  Backpacks are going out, so far I have only had one piece of equipment not returned.  I will call that a success!
 
    Have a great weekend.  Get connected, get a TWITTER.  Follow me @baugha.  Join us for our #DCELEM chat on Monday, Oct. 13th at 7:30pm!!
 
AB :)

No comments:

Post a Comment